In accordance with the ridiculously indecisive weather we've been having, i've decided to do 2 different 10 track mix tapes. One being for the sunny, happy, upbeat weather. The other for the rainy, calm weather. And my rainy mix tape is not going to be depressing. If you want depressing, go and slit your wrists on your smashed MCR CDs. Anyway, get these two mixtapes, and use them where appropriate. Lets kick off sunsheee-iiine [Oasis quote] mixtape first.
Doing it a bit differently this week, going to talk about the mixtape as a whole before i post it! Means i don't have to interrupt it for you. Personally, i like this. I think that its a collection of upbeat, happy happy tunes. Whats the problem with that? A lot of them [okay, all of them] are a bit 'five minutes ago'. A term which i have never used before, but apparently am using now. Still, i have no probem celebrating the past. Its better than celebrating the dull, samey same pop charts of today.
1) I Got You - James Brown.
2) I Wanna Hold Your Hand - The Beatles.
3) Town Called Malice - The Jam.
4) Substitute - The Who.
5) Cruel To Be Kind - Letters To Cleo.
6) Paper Planes - M.I.A.
7) Monster Hospital - Metric.
8) Beautiful Day - U2.
9) Country House - Blur.
10) You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates.
Rainy Time Mixtape
I don't know about you, but rainy weather just makes me want to sit and do nothing. So, this playlist is basically just a playlist to listen to while you sit and do nothing. Calm, dulcet, accoustic. You can use this to calm down OR as a sleeping mixtape. Either way, I hope you enjoy!
1) Superstar - Sonic Youth
2) Doll Parts - Hole
3) Day Too Soon - Sia
4) Swim Until You Can't See Land - Frightened Rabbit
5) Expectations - Belle & Sebastian
6) Lover I Don't Have To Love - Bright Eyes
7) Baby I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton
8) Son Of A Preacher Man - Etta James
9) I Melt With You - Nouvelle Vague
Trust me, its one of the best covers I've heard. EVER.
Hope you enjoyed this weeks double mix tape!
Feedback et cetera welcomed!